Navigating your business through our new Covid world – Seminar
With WA’s borders opening on 5 February and the new Omicron variant driving even more uncertainty it is becoming increasingly important for you to understand your responsibilities as a business owner, how you can protect your business, your staff and customers.
Your business may not currently be covered by the government directions for workplaces and gatherings, which makes it even harder to know what you need to do now, how to prepare for the future, and the potential implications of your decisions.
SBA is offering all members access to this complimentary seminar, presented by SBA Member, Gemma Wheeler-Carver from HHG Legal Group so you can be better informed, feel more in control and avoid any costly mistakes. Gemma will cover:
· What are the Government’s current directions and who do they apply to?
· When will “booster” vaccination be required?
· Where do I find reliable information when Government directions change?
· What are my health and safety obligations to my staff and customers?
· What are my rights as an employer? Can I make my staff get a vaccine? What proof do I require from them (of either vaccination or exemption)?
· What are my rights as a business owner if my sector is not covered by the current directions?
· Can I require proof of vaccination from my staff or customers?
Gemma will share her knowledge so you can start to make a plan and create appropriate policies for your business. There will be plenty of time for Q&A too. We’re sure there will be plenty of questions.
Join us by registering below.
For more legal updates about mandatory vaccinations please visit www.hhg.com.au/covid-mandatory-vaccination-workplaces
Non-members are welcome to attend by registering above. This event is free for all SBA members and their guests.