Executive board nominations
Are you interested in making a REAL difference in your business community?
The Stirling Business Association is about to embark on a period of unprecedented renewal and growth and is seeking motivated and forward-thinking people to join our Board and Events and Membership Committees.
This is a fantastic opportunity to develop your leadership skills and contribute to the future of our organisation as we work to support and grow our local business community. There are 22,000 small businesses within the City of Stirling. The SBA aims to help these businesses grow and thrive by providing targeted workshops, networking events, mentoring and practical assistance.
The Stirling Business Association is a well-established not-for-profit organisation, with almost 50 years’ experience in supporting and representing businesses in our area. In March this year, we adopted a new Constitution and agreed to merge with the Stirling Business Centre. These changes will allow the SBA to significantly increase our reach and effectiveness, setting us up to deliver even greater value to the businesses of Stirling. The new Executive Board and Committee are being established in line with this new Constitution.
The Executive Board members work with the CEO to set the direction of the organisation and manage its affairs. Board members will be involved in setting strategy, driving initiatives, and advocating for the organisation. The SBA is seeking individuals to nominate for the following Board Positions:
- Deputy Chair;
Events and Membership Committee
We are also seeking energetic, community-minded and committed individuals to help drive membership growth and deliver high-value events. We are looking for 5-6 people who are prepared to roll up their sleeves and work with the SBA staff to deliver these events.
What sort of person are we looking for?
We are looking to put together a diverse team with complementary skills and experience that include:
- Experience running your own business or management experience within a business
- An understanding of the challenges local businesses face
- An understanding of and empathy with the objects of the Association
- Strong network within the local business community
- A passion for supporting local businesses
- Experience in the governance or management of member-based associations
- Time to attend Events and monthly Board meetings
- Strong organisational skills
- Accounting, planning and financial reporting (for Treasurer position)
How do I apply?
Please email the SBA Team at firstname.lastname@example.org to request your nomination form.
Nominations should include some information about your skills and experience and must be received by the CEO Paul Jagger by COB 24th June 2021 via email at email@example.com
- The Process
- The Selection Committee will review all Board nominations and provide its recommendations to members.
- Members will vote to elect the Executive Board at a special meeting planned for early July 2022.
- Successful Board members will be notified and invited to attend their first Board meeting in August.
- At that first Board meeting, the Board will select the Events and Membership Committee.If you have any questions, please contact: CEO Paul Jagger at firstname.lastname@example.org